Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Misfits - Last Caress


Band: Misfits
Song: Last Caress
Album: Static Age
Genre: Punk Rock
Content:  Graphic

Now I'm a fan of dark content in art, music, and movies.  Weird creepy art is some really interesting stuff to look at, and horror has been my favorite genre for the last couple years.  What I really need though, is to be able to understand the context, at least a little, of the dark terrible thing.

I don't understand for this song.

Like, what I'm operating off of is it's like it is just to be offensive.  There's a certain attitude behind that I can get, and it's a Punk way of thinking for sure.  Not having grown up in the era that this was released in, I just don't fully understand the reason for having a song like this.

Now I love the song, musically it's literally everything I look for in a Punk tune, I just don't get the lyrics.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


2 comments:

  1. I lived through the punk era - although my era was Beatles - so tried to understand it. But I'm afraid that some lyrics confuse me, even today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I learned about them last night informed me that they're some of the originators of the Horror Punk movement, so it makes a lot more sense to me now.

      Delete