Friday, July 20, 2018

Alcest - Autre Temps


Band: Alcest
Song: Autre Temps
Album: Les Voyages De L'âme (2012)
Genre: Post Metal, Shoegaze

Remember that Rancid song I posted like, a couple days ago?  If we're bring honest, I've listened to that album on loop for the last something like week cause I just love it so much.  It's just a good bunch of songs y'all, shoutout to my tattoo artist Jess for making me listen to them.

But today's music isn't Rancid, cause that's just too soon to post again.  I try to hold out a month between bands getting shared again.

Today we're listening to Alcest.  Alcest started out as a Black Metal act, but have since evolved their sound to a much more audibly pleasing thing.  I don't speak French, so I actually don't know what they're saying, but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying their music at all.  It brings to mind a similar morose feeling to the Woods Of Ypres song I posted the other day, but in a very different way.  Some of the guitar (especially around 1:52) makes me think of some of Dream Theater's more low key bits.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


2 comments:

  1. Marvelleux - I have to admit to a passable knowledge of French in that I can make myself understood if I'm desperate. It's a beautiful language spoken or sung. (I also went to college in Quebec.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! French and German were always languages I wanted to learn but never got around to. Canada is less than an hour away from me too, so it just makes sense to learn it.

      Delete