Friday, July 6, 2018

Album Review: Impending Doom - The Sin And Doom Vol. II


Band: Impending Doom
Album: The Sin And Doom Vol. II
Genre: Deathcore
Rating:  8.5/10

First off, apologies for this not getting to y'all till 7 am, I'm usually better than this.  Just got home from work though, which highlights why I need to get back in the habit of writing up posts a day or so in advance, haha

This is a very good album, but it's not the best that Impending Doom has put out.  I would go so far to say that it's the second best, but that's my personal preference talking, I happened to enjoy Baptized In Filth the most.

The album is really quite solid, with a lot of tracks I feel stand apart from their regular sound.  Some  of my personal favorites are Everything's Fake, War Music, Run For Your Life (She Calls), and The Serpents Tongue. The thing about Impending Doom though are their  fantastic breakdowns.  This album has some fantastic ones in it, though off the top of my head I can't remember the specific songs that I had stand out to me outside of the riffs in Unbroken, another fantastic track.

I stand by what I said about Everything's Fake too, I know some people I know were saying it sounded too generic, but I liked it a lot.  That's what I'm saying about the album though, it's maybe not the most creative work they've done, but it's super tight and appropriately heavy.  I'm a fan at least.  Honestly if you're a fan of Deathcore it'll probably be a hit for ya.

I'll try and expand on this after I've gotten a couple hours of sleep, I'll get back to ya.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


No comments:

Post a Comment