Thursday, June 21, 2018

Talking Heads - Burning Down The House


Band: Talking Heads
Song: Burning Down The House
Album: Speaking In Tongues (1983)
Genre: New Wave

I feel like I told this story before, but it's a really good one, so I'll tell it again.

I once had a dream that I was helping David Byrne of Talking Heads make an art film.  We were in a gigantic warehouse that was painted flat gray.  There were large geometric shapes (pyramids, cubes, spheres, etc.) everywhere, but there were minimal shadows.  I don't know anything about what the movie was suppose to be, outside of the fact that my job was to get Eminem to recite free verse poetry in the middle of the room.

Eminem either didn't want to do this or wasn't doing it right, so for the rest of the dream I had to try and convince him to do what David wanted him to.  It was honestly really stressful, I wasn't a fan.

So yeah, hope you like this song and the fun story about my dream.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


4 comments:

  1. Not only do I love this song, but I don't believe I've ever heard this particular dream. That's absolutely hysterical. How dare Eminem not go along with the program?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seemed like a perfectly good request - and not a reason to spoil your dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why, but in my dream I was 100% sure that David Byrne was just terrible to work with, haha

      Delete