Sunday, June 10, 2018

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - Minnie The Moocher


Band:  Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Song:  Minnie The Moocher (Cover)
Album:  How Big Can You Get?  The Music Of Cab Calloway (2009)
Genre:  Big Band, Swing Revival

I recently fell back into the world of Jazz and Swing that I was raised on (to a point) and I've been loving it.  The only thing I'm not as big a fan of is the recording quality of the older songs.  This is totally understandable, seeing as most of these songs were recorded back in like, the 30s to the 50s.

As such it's with great joy that I discovered BBVD.  I've been jamming out to this album of Cab Calloway covers for the past couple hours and I've been loving every minute of it.  Seriously having a blast, now I just need to find from my dad the name of some of the other bands he used to play and I'll be set.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


4 comments:

  1. Fantastic rendition of a classic that I enjoy the original of - but have to agree about the quality of the sounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quickly realizing there's higher quality songs that just aren't this one, so I'm very happy right now.

      Delete
  2. Swing/Jazz from the 20s and 30s is some of my favorite stuff. These guys are great—I'd forgotten all about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spoiler alert, at least the next 2 days will be jazz

      Delete