Monday, June 11, 2018

Cab Calloway - The Jungle King


Band: Cab Calloway
Song: The Jungle King
Album: Are You Hep To The Jive?  (1994, originally 1947)
Genre:  Big Band, Swing

So it turns out that most all of the older Jazz songs were either Cab Calloway, Fats Waller, or Dizzy Gillespie.  Mostly Cab though.

For real though, the number of songs I've recognized while just listening to the album here.  I'm incredibly happy to have discovered this, because I kinda missed this music in my search for new Rap and Metal.  Not to trash that stuff either, but I'm happy to find a different flavor of nostalgia music.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


4 comments:

  1. I love this song! Calloway is just so entertaining. And don't get me started on Fats Waller. I was hoping he'd be featured today, but I trust that you'll get around to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great vibe and beat to this - chillin' cat.

    ReplyDelete