Wednesday, June 20, 2018

N.W.A. - Express Yourself


Group: N.W.A.
Song: Express Yourself
Album: Straight Outta Compton (1988)
Genre: Rap, Hip Hop
Language: Strong

Figured I may as well throw another classic Rap act at ya.  More old school than 50 Cent, N.W.A. were straight up iconic in the 90s.  As a group they for sure burnt bright and fast, though most all of the members managed to go off and have successful careers by themselves.

I'll take this moment to throw some props at the movie they made about these guys.  I straight up loved the movie, and I feel like it was a decent representation of the drama that went down within the group.  I saw it in theaters, and I think I was one of maybe 6 white people in my theater.  I didn't know much of the stuff, but I did at least know that Eazy-E died.  When he died though, there was this lady behind me that said "What, really?  That doesn't make sense." as if it was a weird plot twist they threw in to try and make it sell better.  It was weird man.

Good movie though, check it out dude.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


No comments:

Post a Comment