Thursday, June 7, 2018

Devo - Working In The Coal Mine


Band:  Devo
Song:  Working In The Coal Mine (Cover)
Album:  Greatest Hits (1990)
Genre:  New Wave

No clue why, but this song has been running through my head for the past couple weeks.  I was originally gonna include it as part of the crazy nostalgia trip, but I kinda got bored with the theme, so here they are now.

Like, Devo was a crazy interesting group.  Their music, while a little weird sometimes, is just enjoyable.  Maybe not to everybody, as I can see how they could get annoying, but still rather fun.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


4 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite songs of theirs. And I have many. I hear "Jocko Homo" or "I Can't Get No Satisfaction" and I'm instantly transported to my old record player with a borrowed DEVO album. Thank goodness for music-loving neighbors. I never would have memorized so many DEVO songs, listened to every Lynyrd Skynyrd album in existence, or had Pink Floyd at my fingertips. I would have been stuck with my mother's Barry Manilow albums forever, and that would have led down a dark, dark path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to think of a Barry Manilow joke, but nothing's coming to me

      Delete