Sunday, June 24, 2018

Mick Gordon - Hellwalker


Artist: Mick Gordon
Song: Hellwalker
Album: Doom (Original Game Soundtrack, 2016)
Genre: Metal

There's a break at 2:08 that 's straight up what I love for in music, my goodness.

So Doom.  I'm sure that anybody even six years older than me probably remembers when Doom first made a splash in the gaming scene.  I was pretty oblivious back then as a literal 4 month old child, but that's to be expected.  I did however get to be around when the newest one came out, and hoo boy was that a time.

People talking about how violent it was, and acting like Doom didn't have a precedence for that way back in the day.  Man, it was a cool time.  Also my gaming friends who bought the game (I haven't yet myself) that let me play so I could hear the bomb soundtrack it has.

I feel like Doom is the shooter that needs to exist.  It's literally the mindless shooting game that movies and the media try to demonize.  Personally, I love what it has going on.  It has just as much story to it as you want it to (highlighted where you can literally punch the computer giving you exposition to move on quicker), and it's just you and your guns against the powers of hell.  It's great honestly, there's no ambiguity about who the bad guys are since the opposition are crazy monsters that are still the OG designs from the 90s that are literal hell spawn.

But yeah, the soundtrack is straight fantastic.  Take a listen at least for the break I mentioned, it's super cool.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


2 comments:

  1. I never played Doom although as a gamer there are some great and inspiring soundtracks out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So incredibly true, there's some awesome soundtracks out there.

      Delete