Monday, August 27, 2018

Ty Dolla $ign & Future - Darkside


Artists: Ty Dolla $ign & Future feat. Kiiara
Song: Darkside
Album: Bright: The Album
Genre: R&B
Language: Strong

One of the tracks on Bright's soundtrack that I also loved was Darkside.  While there was a cool Middle East style vibe to Crown, and a forlorn pain to World Gone Mad, Darkside brings it down with a heavy dose of loneliness.  Kiiara does a fantastic job at setting the mood right off the bat, then Ty comes in and keeps it rolling in a strong way with his verse.  I don't know what it is about the line "die for my respect" at 1:18, but it just resonates with me for whatever reason.

I saw a lot of comments talking about how they hate Ty and Future's verses for not rolling with the song, but I'd have to disagree heavily.  I get maybe people who aren't familiar with Future's style disliking his heavy use of autotune, but I think the harsh, heavily processed aspect of his voice really works well here.  And as I already said, Ty keeps the song rolling in a great way.

I honestly would be hard pressed to find a song on this album that I love more than this one I think, though Broken People is great for introducing me to Rag'n'Bone Man.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor my podcast on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  PatreonPatreon


2 comments:

  1. Love this - another reason to see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since it's one of Netflix's programs, I would assume it shouldn't be region locked or anything. So yeah, if you're a Netflix subscriber that'd be a free movie to check out!

      Delete