Friday, August 31, 2018

Evil Dead: The Musical - Do The Necronomicon


While I'm not super into musicals, I think I finally found what I'm after in the Evil Dead musical.  Originally performed in a bar in Toronto back in 2003 before hitting NYC in an off Broadway show in 2006, Evil Dead: The Musical is a wonderfully humorous take on Evil Dead 1 and 2, kinda smushed together.

I haven't watched more than a couple clips yet, but I've tracked down a full performance that I look forward to watching saturday evening.  It's just so over the top looking, there's no way this can't be a good time, right?

I hope you enjoy this, I thought it was a trip.  The lead singer kinda reminds me of the B-52s singer, I wonder if he was involved in at least this performance, ya know?



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor my podcast on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  PatreonPatreon


3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of The Rocky Horror Picture Show - but then it does reference the Time Warp so total fun. Total like musicals like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rocky Horror is something I really need to see by now, I just haven't managed it yet

      Delete
  2. I recommend that cult classic and saw an early staging with original cast in London.

    ReplyDelete