Monday, August 13, 2018

21 Savage - X


Artist: 21 Savage feat. Future
Song: X
Album: Savage Mode (2016)
Genre: Rap, Hip Hop
Language: Strong

Well here I am, falling back into my heavy Hip Hop rotation from 2016 and 17.  I had managed to put "hood Noah" to bed for a while just cause I wasn't around people that gave a crap about this music, but I've been listening to it again recently and it's just been so fun.

I love the beats, the good ones that just smoothly flow are great to have on in the background when I'm working on stuff, and some of them have some heavy emotions behind them.

Like this one, 21 is clearly shook up about some breakup in his past, and I feel like this is a cool window into his coping with it by just showing off what's he's attained from his Rap career up to this point.  Giving context, this album is when he really took off.  It had a couple strong hits on it, and he partnered with Metro Boomin', one of the bigger producers in the Trap community.

I dunno, it's just kinda cool, ya know?



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor my podcast on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  PatreonPatreon


No comments:

Post a Comment