Thursday, May 31, 2018

The Showdown - Carry On Wayward Son


Band:  The Showdown
Song:  Carry On Wayward Son (cover)
Album:  Temptation Come My Way (200
Genre:  Southern Metal

This actually might have been the song that tipped me toward covers the most.  The Showdown was one of my favorite bands when I first was getting into Metal stuff because of how great their album Blood In The Gears was, so I bought all their other stuff too.  Worth it, still love it.

But this song right here, it's honestly a top shelf cover.  I didn't think of covers too highly until this one.  I think it might have also helped my parents tolerate my new music tastes too, but you never know.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


4 comments:

  1. I was really impressed with this one, because you know how much I generally hate covers. You've found a few gems, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like tomorrow's post! It's a really good one

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I will admit though, I do find myself missing the organ a little

      Delete