Sunday, May 27, 2018

ScHoolboy Q - X


Artist:  ScHoolboy Q feat. 2 Chainz, Saudi
Song:  X
Album:  Black Panther (2018)
Genre:  Rap, Hip Hop
Language:  Strong

I suppose I should have shared this by now, considering I'm a huge fan of ScHoolboy Q, 2 Chainz, Kendrick, and the film itself.  Still though, that gives me some great time to share it now, and that's just as important I feel.

Kendrick Lamar got the task of helping curate the soundtrack of Black Panther, which included getting some original songs out there.  While he's not featured for a whole verse, he was heavily involved in the production, in addition to being the vocalist on the chorus.

There's some really solid lines in here, but my personal favorite is probably one by ScHoolboy Q.  Near the end of his verse he says N*gga December been good to me, Not even Kendrick can humble me.  ScHoolboy Q has traded minor jabs with Kendrick for ages, and this would just be another example of that.  With Humble being one of my favorite songs off of DAMN. though, I just couldn't help but chuckle a little when I heard it the first time.

It's a solid, reasonably chill song too, so I hope y'all enjoy it!



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


No comments:

Post a Comment