Friday, May 25, 2018

Neocracy - Here's To The Reckoning


Band:  Neocracy
Song:  Here's To The Reckonging
Album:  The Instinct For Conflict (2008)
Genre:  Melodic Death Metal

Let's rock out to some of the music I was having a terrible time finding.  Like, for real, it took me ages to actually remember who these guys were and what the songs were called.  See, an issue with a lot of the music I got from Matt is that most of it didn't come complete.  Mostly meaning I didn't have the album info for a lot of artists, but in some cases I also had no track names, just numbers.

In the case of Neocracy, I was honestly just missing the album art.  If I see a picture, I'm much more likely to remember an album than if, say, I just have the name.  I'm generally good about it, but there's times like this when I couldn't remember for the life of me anything about the band outside of the artist name.

Then, after rediscovering Staple, I decided to just search Neocracy and just listen to songs till I found one I remembered.

This song hit me right out the gate with that screaming scale sweep and all my fun memories of jamming out to these guys came back.  Back in the day I generally only listened to that part up till the screaming started, then skipped back to hear the guitar again.  Such a good time man, always worth checking out.


Unrelated, I graduate today.




You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


3 comments: