Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze


Artist:  Jimi Hendrix
Song:  Purple Haze
Album:  Are You Experienced (1967)
Genre:  Blues, Classic Rock

I know for a fact that Jimi is one that my dad gave me.  I was originally going to share his take on The Star Spangled Banner since that's what I used to listen to from him the most, but when it comes down to it I only listened to about the first minute for all the fun guitar intro.  If we're going for songs I listened to all of, it'd have to be Purple Haze.

See, I was under the impression that Jimi was a Metal musician,  I literally only thought that cause he did that version of the Star Spangled Banner.  As such, Purple Haze was one of the only songs I found of his that really fit the image I had of him in my head.  I have since come to appreciate him for more than that, but dang did it take me ages.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


7 comments:

  1. Amazing guitarist and performer. Another star that cannot be recreated in the same way. Thanks, Noah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to look around for cover songs of his work, but nothing really worked for me. Such a unique artist without a doubt.

      Delete
  2. Hendrix is one of those artists I really enjoy. I don't want to hear someone who sounds like him, or remakes. I want Jimi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just listening to a version of this song done by The Cure, you might like that one, haha

      Delete
    2. Ooh, now The Cure might be one I'd like for sure, simply because . . . The Cure. Better than some of the music you've shared with me, lol. *cough* ICP

      Delete
  3. Hahaha no. No. No. I'm not even sure anymore why you're my favorite son.

    ReplyDelete