Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Ghost - Rats


Band:  Ghost (formerly Ghost B.C.)
Song:  Rats
Album:  Prequelle (2018)
Genre:  Hard Rock

This song came out on April 12th, but we were deep in the middle of the A to Z so I couldn't exactly slide it into the flow.  All good though, cause now I've had more time to listen to it and I won't just give you my knee jerk reaction to it.  So that's cool, right?

Let's cut to the chase, I love this song.  It gives me great hope for the album and the quality of songs we can hope to find.  It was actually enough to get me to preorder the music, which I don't usually do.

This was also the fun unveiling of the "new" singer of Ghost, Cardinal Copia.  This is a big deal, because he's not the next in the Emeritus line.  Everybody was kinda assuming We'd be getting Papa IV, but instead it's this other dude.  If you watch Ghost's mini series on YouTube you can catch up with the reasoning in the official Ghost lore.

Now back to the song.

Square Hammer is my favorite Ghost song of all time, and it's in my favorite songs of all time period as well.  This song reminds me of it a lot, which is something that excites me greatly.  Theme wise we're kicking into the middle ages with the black death.  New themes are always good, and having this be what they're coming after is a good thing in my opinion.

The video is a blast too, so take a second to watch it.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


No comments:

Post a Comment