Saturday, May 12, 2018

Childish Gambino - This Is America [New Release]


Artist:  Childish Gmabino
Song:  This Is America
Album:  this Is America (Single, 2018)
Genre:  Rap, Hip Hop

As I mentioned the other day, on the weekends I'm gonna take a break from the nostalgia post theme so I can catch up with new releases, different styles, and to get a mini break.

The first time I watched this, it was because I heard there were gonna be ad libs from Young Thug, 21 Savage, and Quavo.  I won't lie and pretend I'm the biggest fan that Donald Glover ever had, but I like his stuff.  It was the talk of the ad libs that brought me in though, but I stayed for so much more.

The video has a lot of themes going on in it that you might not notice if you're causally watching the first time or two.  They aren't exactly subtle though, so once they're pointed out to ya it's a pretty good time.

It's fascinating to watch though.  The stuff is painted out in a really pretty way, the music is catchy, and Donald Glover is a blast to watch dance around.  Granted his dance is modeled after slave dancing, so as a white dude I'm probably not supposed to be amused.  That's ok though, cause I'm willing to call this video a piece of art, and art is incredibly subjective.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


No comments:

Post a Comment