Monday, May 14, 2018

Frank Zappa - Montana


Band:  Frank Zappa & The Mothers
Song:  Montana
Album:  Over-Nite Sensation (1973)
Genre:  Progressive Rock

A big memory I have is this specific song by Frank Zappa.  I remember my dad had some audio editing program, and he clipped the part at 5:04 that said "Get a cup of coffee" and just made a little loop that said "cup of coffee" over and over again.  I though it was hilarious at the time, and thinking back it's not exactly any less funny.

When it comes down to it, I never much got into Zappa's music.  I've never been the biggest fan of long songs or Prog stuff, so he solidly landed outside of my usual listening sphere.  Especially when I first started getting into music.  I think my favorite band at the time was probably The Clash since they blew through songs so quickly.  3 minutes was about the limit of my attention, ya know?



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


4 comments:

  1. Raisin' my lonely dental floss . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me why my progressive rock taste is very selective - and excludes this. (Although, there are some instrumental gems scattered in there.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally understandable. I like a couple of Zappa's songs, but like I said, not my usual cup of tea.

      Delete