Sunday, December 3, 2017

Justin Bieber - Love Yourself


Artist:  Justin Bieber
Song:  Love Yourself
Album:  Purpose (2015)
Genre:  R&B

So I'll be fair here, I'm a big enough guy to admit that I can change my opinion about artists.  I remember saying a few years ago when he started coming out with more mature material that I would probably be enjoying his music within the next 5 to 10 years.  Didn't really think it'd go anywhere, but I was willing to acknowledge that if he kept up that direction I wouldn't be opposed to enjoying what he had to say.

Took me long enough, but I finally heard the song that loads of people back at my last job talked about.  Turns out I had heard it before and I had thought it was an Ed Sheeran song.  This is mostly because Ed actually wrote the song and had planned to have Rihanna sing the chorus (originally making it f*ck yourself).  I love this song though, it's really smooth and a good direction for Justin.  It really highlights his vocal abilities a little better than some of the other stuff he's done in my opinion.

All this being said, I'm still not a huge fan of the rest of the album this is on.  I don't care for his usual style too much so he hasn't quite hit the point that I can enjoy him fully yet, haha



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment