Sunday, October 29, 2017

Week Of Evil Day 5: Behemoth - Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer


Band:  Behemoth
Song:  Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer
Album:  The Satanist (2014)
Genre:  Blackened Death Metal

Honestly, I love quotable people who commit to their art.  If the frontman of Behemoth, Nergal, is anything, he is quotable.  Other than getting me in some trouble with people who need to mind their own business, the man has done a pile of interesting things.  Unlike Watain who actually spray pigs blood on people as their shows go on, Behemoth takes a more artistic step.

Full costume is one thing they manage to do well.  While corpse paint is a very traditional move in the Black Metal community, other things are not so much.  Robes, face paint, and stage names?  Good deal Behemoth.

Then there's the stage show.  While they may not have crucified people on stage like Gorgoroth, and they don't douse the crowd with blood, they have ripped up a bible on stage while on stage in Poland while calling the catholic church "The most murderous cult on the planet".  So yeah, not too cool, eh?

Firstly, I wanna point out that this is a free speech thing.  I feel it was in poor taste, but I don't feel it should have hit courts like it did.  That's just me though, feel free to hold your own opinion.

But yeah, that's the tip of the iceberg for our good buddy Nergal.  Outside of saying things like "Satan is the only important thing in my life (paraphrased)" and other such things, he's actually a cancer survivor as well.  You know how some people get cured from some horrific disease and they find faith or something?  Well Nergal doesn't seem to feel that way.

"Satanism is about life and liberation and love for freedom. I have Satan in me, flowing through my veins and through my music." - Nergal


Enough of me making assumptions about people's personal life, let's stick to the music.

Behemoth started out as a heavily pagan metal band.  That was their thing, and honestly I don't really care for the sound of their old music.  Thing is though, they switched over to a satanic theme and I can't be sure that they didn't switch it up because of money.  Satan is huge in Metal, not so much general paganism.

I dunno, maybe I'm off there too.  Regardless, they talk a good game, so I hope you dig the song.  The title is Latin for "Pray For Us Lucifer", cause everything is more evil if you say it in Latin.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment