Thursday, October 12, 2017

Future - Mask Off


Artist:  Future
Song:  Mask Off
Album:  Future (2017)
Genre:  Rap, Hip Hop
Language:  Strong

So another thing I really take the time to listen for in Rap songs would be the beat.  You really have no excuse in the era it is to have legitimately bad beats at this point since there's all the tools available to make music.

One person who I really love the beats of would be Future.  A lot of his stuff is produced by Metro Boomin' who is debatably the best Trap producer out there right now, so Future gets to ride some really smooth music.

Lyrically I get what he's going after too to a point.  I can't really relate to all his drug issues and such, but the man is clearly miserable.  All his music sounds like either a call for help or just being resigned to whatever life is for him.

Dude's mad single focused too.  He once said in an interview that when he tried to be a better father it hurt his music and that he'd never do that again.  I dunno man, he seems like the kind of guy that's trying to overcome his life crashing around him by hyperfocusing on what he can do well.


follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment