Saturday, October 28, 2017

Week Of Evil Day 4: Dark Funeral - Unchain My Soul


Band:  Dark Funeral
Song:  Unchain My Soul
Album:  Where Shadows Forever Reign (2016)
Genre:  Black Metal

Well first off, can we appreciate how solid the intro to this song is?  It's a really good combination of a rather classic sounding Black Metal riff, while simultaneously being rather modern.  It's why I chose this song honestly, to show that these guys (though massive lineup changes) have kept a very nice fresh and traditional sound.

With lyrics leaning heavily on Satanism, Anti-Christianity, Death, and Armageddon, it should be easy enough to see why Dark Funeral landed this list.

Actually the original reason they hit this list is cause I confused them with Darkthrone, who I'm more aware of.  My bad.

With such cheery songs as "Nail Them To The Cross" and a mountain of Latin in their album titles, one can only assume that Dark Funeral must be the Real Deal™.  To be totally honest though, I'm not sure.  It seems so over the top I feel like I can't be sure where they actually stand.  They're plenty dark for sure though, and really that's what counts.  The message of their music is far from positive, and while I'm a person who loves dark art, it's not like I can't admit that these dudes are a little...  Off.

Lord Ahriman (guitarist) on Satanism - “I've always been drawn to the dark side of nature”.

I dunno, ya feel me?  Dark stuff.  Love the visuals in the video though, those are straight fantastic.

I dig it, I'll probably listen to these guys a little bit after this if we're being honest.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment