Monday, October 2, 2017

Ghost - Monstrance Clock


Band:  Ghost
Song:  Monstrance Clock
Album:  Infestissumam (2013)
Genre:  Rock, Metal

Ghost is probably my favorite satan themed band.  They've got that heavy aesthetic going on but they manage to keep it from being abrasive like a lot of Black Metal bands do.  Well as someone who follows the band I was rather shocked to find that there was a massive upset in the power distribution of the band recently.  By recently, I mean Friday evening, September 29th.  I'm sitting at a wedding reception when I get a little alert from Google that there's a little news thing on Ghost.  Assuming it's something like tour dates or maybe a new album announcement I was kinda excited so I opened it.

Imagine my surprise that the headline was talking about how the singer was dragged off stage in the middle of the last song by security.

Watch the video to see what all happened.  Looks like it was something shot by a fan, so audio quality is a little iffy, but take the time.  It's only like, 2 and a half minutes long.



So here we are at the clear biggest part of the night, and right in the middle of some heavy crown response Papa Emeritus III get's dragged right away.  The band clears soon after and a new figure, revealed as Papa Emeritus Zero.  I'm assuming this will open up some new "back story" with Ghost and the whole mythos they've been building up.

Papa Zero addresses the crown however, and speaks a phrase in Italian.

"The party is over, the middle age is now beginning"

That's the mostly translation of what Papa Zero said the other night.  Every time they've replaced the singer in the past it's been because a new album is coming, so I'm rather pumped about this.  To be fair, the old singer has never been dragged off the stage in such a public manner as this.  I'm seeing this as the "punishment" from Papa Zero for the reveal of the actual identity of Papa III and the court issues that arose.  Realistically the band will keep the same singer they've had the whole time, but now we get to have a new set of face paint, a new outfit, and a new number  I've loved each reincarnation we've had so far, so here's hoping things go well this next cycle, yeah?

So yeah, sorry not sorry for the repeat song, have fun!



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment