Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Tech N9ne - Give It All


Artist:  Tech N9ne, Krizz Kaliko, Audio Push
Genre:  Rap, Hip Hop

It's been a really long time since I posted a Tech N9ne song, so I feel like it's time to post one again, right?

This song is great for many reasons, but I'm gonna focus on the ones I can think of off the top of my head because I'm lazy that way.  Who knows, maybe I'll get all deep or whatever on it, we'll see.

First things first, the beat.  The beat sounds similar to something like a Black Sabbath song.  It's got a fun gritty sound to it and is a decent riff in general.  Real bluesy and smooth.  On top of that Krizz's hook is tight.

And there's the guest vocalist on here.  He's got loads of decent lines throughout his verse but I have one that really kinda speaks to me.  He says "Every time you cut a corner you make 2 more."  I know this probably isn't original or anything and it's possibly just a rehashing of an old proverb or whatever, but I love it.  Out of everything in this song it's just a really fun thing that stuck out to me for whatever reason.

Honestly I feel like the album was a bit of a let down in the long term.  I liked it a lot when it came out but after a while I just kept returning to a couple of my favorite tracks here and there.  There's a lot of songs on the album, but for the most part I just really like about 5 or 6 of them which isn't really a great thing.  This song though is one of the ones I like a lot though and that's what's really important, right?

Give it a listen, I'm sure you'll like it at least a little bit.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Em GEE... that bass hook! I felt this had a nice Hendrix vibe to it. Great choice!

    Mary
    Jingle Jangle Jungle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I love it a lot. Also Hendrix is a much better explanation than Sabbath, good call.

      Delete