Sunday, May 15, 2016

Hollywood Undead - Apologize

Band:  Hollywood Undead
Genre:  Rap Rock

I used to despise Johnny 3 Tears lines because they seemed kinda dumb and oversimplified.  I really like them now though for no other reason than what once bugged me now amuses me.

I mean let's be real, the line So many dollars stuffed in my wallet, chain so bling yeah you know that I'm a balla is a line very few people could get away with.  Lo and behold though, Johnny manages to do it.

Honestly all the songs these guys have released make me laugh a little bit.  The songs that focus on Charlie are generally the funniest, but there's gems like that line all over the place.  In the song American Tragedy Johnny uses the phrase "wolf among the sheep" like, 3 or 4 times in the span of 30 seconds.  It's pure gold.

This one though?  You'll have to settle for a straight killer beat (my favorite part is when the high synth comes in near the end of each verse) and some solid, if amusing, lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment