Friday, April 27, 2018

A to Z 2k18: X is for X


Band:  X
Song:  Poor Girl
Album:  More Fun In The New World (1983)
Genre:  Punk Rock

I'll be honest, I've always had this hope that I could find a band for the hard to hit letters that legitimately just is a letter for their name.  Like, the feeling I had when I found this band is similar to when I found out that Xzibit had a song called "X" that I could share here.

And these guys are fun music too.  There's some classic non-political Punk sounds here that are kinda refreshing compared to some of the music I've been sharing recently.

Their general sound is pretty solid honestly, I'd advise you check out some more of it if this is a song you enjoyed at all.  Only 2 days left!  Let's rock out the last of the A to Z here.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


7 comments:

  1. Well done for finding something for X! I really struggled today.

    I really like X's sound and the main singers voice.

    X - 3am by Busted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited when I found these guys. The first year I did albums a to z and found out that Mushroomhead were 2 of the 6 albums.

      Delete
  2. Punk sounds in there, although mellower than some. (I was a Stranglers fan - plus Lou Reed and The Velvet Underground pre-punk).

    My X is X-Men: https://rolandclarke.com/2018/04/27/x-is-for-x-men/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually not familiar with those bands (aside from the name of The Velvet Underground), I'll have to get around to listening to them!

      Delete
  3. Lou Reed was a founder-member of Velvet Underground before he went solo - guess the proper term is proto-punk. I was lucky to see Lou Reed live in concert at the height of his career.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have never heard this song.Thanks for introducing me to it ... its a bit softer, so works for me. Not my daily listening preference though.

    Seema Misra - #AtoZchallenge participant, Artist, Writer, Wanderer, and Dreamer.
    X-tacy of travel: An Ode To Wanderlust

    ReplyDelete