Saturday, April 7, 2018

A to Z 2k18: G is for Gogol Bordello


Band:  Gogol Bordello
Song:  Immigraniada (We Comin' Rougher)
Album:  Trans-Continental Hustle (2010)
Genre:  Gypsy Punk

Who likes Punk Rock?  Aight, now who likes Gypsy music?  Cool.  How about both?

Gogol Bordello is just pure gold.  I have no complaints about what they do with music, it's got energy and attitude to spare, and I'm a fan of the message they try to spread.  That message being just be a basically decent human being.

I try to introduce people to this band whenever I get a chance, because I haven't really found another band that sounds like them.  Like, try to tell me that this isn't at least a little special.  Hope you like them, they're truly a treat.

Also, if you're here from the A to Z crowd, congrats on the end of week 1!  I'm having a blast with all this, and I hope you are too.  I'm a daily blog (4 years strong) so I'm not taking off Sunday.  Swing by each Sunday this month to catch a runner up band I decided against for the main list.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


2 comments:

  1. I quite like this. I also like the message within the song. There needs to be more music like this!

    Gold Forever by The Wanted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The rest of their music is a blast to listen to, Trans-Continental Hustle is super catchy and if I hadn't already posted it a couple months ago I would have posted it today

      Delete