Saturday, April 21, 2018

A to Z 2k18: S is for September Mourning


Band:  September Mourning
Song:  Eye Of The Storm
Album:  Volume II (2016)
Genre  Hard Rock

Fun fact, I actually wrote this post back in November when I accidentally clicked on a wiki hyperlink that took me to this band.  I was looking up info on Avatar for the first post I made on them and when I was about to close the tab I hit the link to this band in their description.  Good choice though, since that's what helped lock the whole theme we're most of the way through in for the month.  Gotta love random inspiration, yeah?

So hands down the best thing about this band is that they have a female singer that's actually good.  I am so incredibly picky when it comes to female fronted rock acts and September Mourning knocks it out of the park.  I suppose I am also influenced by the fact that these guys are operating with some heavy theme action.  Love a band with a theme.

The gist of the theme is that the vocalist is a hybrid Grim Reaper and human named September.  She goes through the world of the living and the dead with her human side giving her the sense of empathy to give certain human souls a second chance.  (no, I totally didn't just slightly reword the wiki outline, what are you talking about.)

Turns out the band has a whole line of comics that follow along the story as well.  I'm super freaking pleased about finding them to be honest.  You never know what kind of weird music you can find if you look hard enough, ya know?  And this stuff is even pretty radio friendly, so who knows, you might be hearing them all over soon.  Heck, it'll have been almost 6 months from the writing of this post, they may have blown up by now too.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


2 comments:

  1. I really like this. She has an incredible voice. I can't believe how far in advance yoou wrote this post. I thought I was organised haha!

    Set Fire to the Rain by Adele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I promise, most of my stuff is being written a day or so in advance with only the bands planned out, haha
      I wish I had all most posts done up before this, that'd be fantastic...

      Delete