Wednesday, April 25, 2018

A to Z 2k18: V is for Velvet Acid Christ


Band:  Velvet Acid Christ
Song:  Lysergia
Album:  Twisted Thought Generator (2000)
Genre:  Electro-Industrial
Language:  Strong

Have you ever wanted to experience the music of Europe's club underground?  Me neither, but I have found it falling into my lap anyway for the post we have for V.

Until today (the date of writing, 4.24.18), I had never heard of these guys.  I was mildly scrambling (again) for a band to fill a space because while I had planned out the beginning of this fairly well, I did kinda leave this last week up to the wind.

So Velvet Acid Christ.  I'm picking up some heavy Nine Inch Nails vibes, but what I'm reading on their Wiki page is their main pull seemed to be a lot of the Goth bands of the 90s..  You can really hear that too, with all the lyrics for the most part being angrily whispered.  The music has some of the NIN sound I'm thinking of though.  All in all this is some creepy haunted sounding club music you'd be hearing in some choppily shot scene from a 90s or early 2000s low budget movie.  Like a horror film or a dark action movie.  In fact I wouldn't be surprised if when I went through my cheap action movie phase I heard these guys.  Like something I would have heard in The Watcher or something.  Looking into it they weren't featured, but way too much Rob Zombie was.

So yeah.  I don't know that I'd ever find myself in a mood to listen to Velvet Acid Christ, but they are a band I'm kinda glad to be familiar with.

Here's a link for anybody that YouTube's auto generated video won't play for.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


4 comments:

  1. Interesting sounds - might have to add this to the playlist for my goth detective series. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! They have something like 15 albums, so you have plenty of music to choose from if you're so inclined.

      Delete
  2. Wow that is a long song, but a good one. It's different to the other's that you've posted so far.

    V - I Won't let You Go by James Morrison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly the irony is it's not that much longer than a lot of songs I post, but it really does feel like it drags on for ages

      Delete