Sunday, April 1, 2018

A to Z 2k18: A is for Avatar


Band:  Avatar
Song:  Let It Burn
Album:  The Black Waltz (2012)
Genre:  Groove Metal

Welcome to the A to Z, April Fools Day, and Easter!  Hot dang, what a pile of things that kick off today, amirite?  Looking at it now, I feel like this is a more popular band for me to be posting, but they're also a niche genre, so I'm sure it'll be fine.

Avatar is a band that has a fantastic stage presence.  I love their look so much, there's something about a band that has a designated look they stick to.

One of the things that's great about them musically though are the fantastic guitar riffs.  This song is a solid example of that with the intro riff and how it transfers great throughout the song.  And the vocal work, my goodness.  He's got highs, he's got lows, and he's able to sing as well.

A lot of Groove Metal bands have that feeling though.  Rob Zombie is a fantastic example of that actually, so if you're familiar with his music you might like these guys.  Either way give it a check.



Follow my various social distribution spots, eh?

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


6 comments:

  1. Love their look and you're so right about the guitar riffs! My mum thought it was ACDC before he started singing. Very good! A very big conrast to my song today!

    Animal by The Wanted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a wonderful contrast it was! I haonestly hadn't realized it sounded like AC/DC in the beginning, but with that in mind I can for sure hear it.

      Delete
  2. Love the look and the riffs. Fabulous start to your challenge! Happy A-Zing, Easter and April!
    Nilanjana
    Madly-in-Verse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had an amazing start as well, thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  3. Great beat - not really my kind of music most of the time, but I imagine it would be great for a good workout :)
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings - Movie Monsters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Not all the music will be like this though, I'm sure I'll come up with something you'll enjoy, haha

      Delete