Thursday, April 5, 2018

A to Z 2k18: E is for Edenbridge


Band:  Edenbridge
Song:  Return To Grace
Album:  The Great Momentum
Genre:  Symphonic Power Metal

Sometimes I like to enter this challenge fully planned out, and other times I like to write posts the night before.  I find it makes the whole experience more organic, ya know?  After all it's what I usually do every other day of the year.

This is one of those more last minute posts.

A sequel to Edenbridge's song Fallen From Grace, Return To Grace pays musical tribute to that, while also solidly standing tall as it's own song.  It's got some great guitar lines, and the singer is really good at what she's doing.  There's some Power Metal acts that really just don't seem to be able to hold up on the vocal front, but Sabine Edelsbacher manages to lead incredible well in that regard.

Now to the people that see the word "Metal" and immediately assume you won't like it.  Symphonic Metal and Power Metal are not the stereotypical screaming noises you might be thinking of.  And for anybody thinking of the band I posted on the 3rd, that was Symphonic Black Metal.  Totally different.

Enjoy though.  They're not my favorite band with this sound, but they're a real cool addition to the lineup.


You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


6 comments:

  1. Oh no, it tells me the video is not available :( Found the live version on Youtube though. She has a great voice.
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings - Movie Monsters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I'm glad you managed to find a live one! I thought taking the auto generated YouTube one would be the most accessible to everybody.

      Her voice is fantastic though, I agree

      Delete
  2. Never heard of this band before and unfortunately the video won't play in my region, but I'll check them out on youtube later. Labels/genres don't put me off when it comes to books or music, love and hate in equal measure in all genres! Always like to discover something new and different though. Nice layout to your site btw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if this link will play for you, but here's the official live version. Glad you keep an open mind to genres though, I appreciate it!
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqb0QWPSY9M
      And thanks, I'm super proud of my layout, took me 3 years to make it decent, haha

      Delete
  3. Now this is something I could definitely listen to! The video wouldn't play where I am, but I found a live version on Youtube which was amazing. (P.S. Sorry this is late!)

    End of the World by McFly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All good! Glad you enjoyed it too. If you like this, you really should check out Nightwish, Epica, and Within Temptation as well, they're all so good.

      Delete