Tuesday, April 10, 2018

A to Z 2k18: I is for Ill Niño


Band:  Ill Niño
Song:  If You Still Hate Me
Album:  Revolution Revolucion (2001)
Genre:  Nu-Metal
Language:  Strong

I would be remiss if I went the whole way through the A to Z without dropping my absolute favorite genre of music, Nu-Metal.  Nu-Metal has so much energy to it, and there's so many bands that do it well.

Granted, Nu-Metal is the garbage Metal genre for a reason.  There's a lot of bands (Ill Niño included to a point) that just don't commit to the genre much.  The main acts that made things work were people like Korn and Slipknot who have evolved their sounds past what Nu-Metal used to be.  The iconic sound is probably best encapsulated by Limp Bizkit (one of my all time favorite bands), though there's all kinds of little sound styles.

Ill Niño has a rather cool sound going on.  They have a latin vibe that not many bands in the Metal community have.  A lot of people think they're from South America, but they're actually from Jersey.  Fun fact of the day.  While most of their albums don't really grab me, Revolution Revolucion is just a wonderfully aggressive work of art.  It just exists to work up a crowd and get things going, which is my favorite thing about Nu-Metal.

It's just a good time, probably not if you don't like Metal though.  Song's only 3 minutes long though, so it's not too much out of your day, ya know?



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


4 comments:

  1. When I first read who this blog was about, I thought that maybe this was one I'd previously heard of, but I was wrong haha! I like their sound. It's definitely something I could listen to.

    Is This Love by Whitesnake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I turned out to be a blog you aren't familiar with! This band is a blast too, the genre as a whole is so underrated.

      Delete
  2. I always rather enjoy the aggressive guitars and drums, but it always loses me when the words start - I just don't really get the shouty singing :)
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings - Movie Monsters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's totally fair, took me a few years to get into the style myself, but now it's my favorite kind of music. Everybody has different tastes, haha

      Delete