Tuesday, April 17, 2018

A to Z 2k18: O is for Operation Ivy


Band:  Operation Ivy
Song:  Sound System
Album:  Operation Ivy (1989)
Genre:  Ska, Punk Rock

Now Operation Ivy is a pretty popular act compared to a lot of what I've been posting.  I'm willing to assume a lot of that comes from the fact that they have been officially disbanded for almost 20 years though.  The music they have was big in the Ska scene, but most of that has passed us by at this point.  You know what would be great?  If Ska came back in a big way.

Actually I know nothing about the Ska scene.  I knew about one band, and it turns out it's borderline impossible to find their stuff anymore since they broke up and...  That's about it.  In my search of new Punk stuff I found a decent Ska selection though, and Operation Ivy is high up there with my list of solid stuff.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


6 comments:

  1. Punk Rock has never been my sort of thing, but I quite like this sound. It's a shame they ended so long ago.

    Only the Strong Survive by McFly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ska has a much more positivity sound to it, it's so fun!

      Delete
  2. Noah,

    I'm monkeying around with the A2Z line up when I noticed the name of your blog 'Song A Day'. Mewsic has a hot spot in my little blog world but not always every day. I co-host Monday's Music Moves Me with three other ladies. I'm Open to mewsic introductions. I may not like what I hear but I will let it rattle around in my head a bit. Punk rock generally isn't my forte but I'm one of these people who never paid a lot of attention to mewsic genres until I got more involved in participating in mewsic hops and even then I find everything about mewsic an education. That's cool, though. I like learning. Anywho, I won't keep you long. I just thought I'd invite you to stop by when you get a chance to check out yesterday's post, A2Z iPad Art Sketch of a big-eyed OWL and yes, you'll find mewsic there, too. Have a good day and happy A2Zing!

    ~Curious as a Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, welcome! I love finding new stuff too, it's a blast. I'll have to check out your post when I get out of class today, thanks for swinging by!

      Delete
  3. Oh bother - another vid I can't watch :( This whole regioning thing is most annoying. And they wonder why people pirate everything!
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings - Movie Monsters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was super worried about that, but I couldn't find a version of any quality that wasn't this one... It's still on Spotify though, so that's findable if you wanna hear?

      Delete