Sunday, April 15, 2018

A to Z Runner Up: Fractionally Human


Band:  Fractionally Human
Song:  Intro
Album:  Intro (single, 2018)
Genre:  Grindcore, Deathcore

You know what's a good band to promo for you all?  My band!  Sure it wasn't actually my original intent for a runner up, but we just wrote this song and I'm happy about it.

I feel like we're a great runner up option, case we just put out our first song in months, so that's a rather big deal.  Mostly I'm just super proud of it though.

We don't try to make perfect music.  We used to try, and we found it just wasn't as fun.  Sitting there, mixing tracks to make them perfect, it was just weird.  Nothing ever sounded like exactly what we wanted, with the notable exception of out cover of Sabotage in 2015.  Pure gold there, it's exactly what we wanted.

This one though, where do I start.  We've had this idea for an album all about a hungry walrus since like, 2014.  It was just gonna be a funny joke thing, ya know?  Well then we lost all the lyrics except for what we had recorded with Orca, thus prompting a new lyrical direction.  We opted to go with the walrus being a total narcissist.

This song had instruments recorded back in December.  We were so pumped to have music flowing after we did Oh The Places You'll Die in the same year.  We're rather slow song... recorders.  But after we recorded the guitars for this song my brother's computer had a glitch with the sound card.  It took him months to get it working again, which lead us to April 9th.  We both had the night off, and all we had to do was get me to lay down vocals.  It was a perfect evening basically.  We knocked out the rest of the song and finished it up on the 10th.  I'm super happy with the steaming pile of garbage that it is, so I hope you can enjoy it as well.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


No comments:

Post a Comment