Tuesday, March 20, 2018

DMX - School Street


Artist:  DMX
Song:  School Street
Album:  The Great Depression (2001)
Genre:  Rap, Hip Hop
Language:  Strong

As I will continue to say every single time I post DMX, the dude is my favorite rapper.

The more I listen to his stuff the more I find about tracks that are just straight up fantastic.  And it's not just his aggressive tracks, I love what he does with his mellow stuff too.  His flow, his subject matter, I just feel like he's got a great grasp of what works.

Unfortunately he can't stay out of prison.  I'm pretty sure right now is parole violation for tax evasion?  I can't remember, but I'm freaking pissed at him for it.  I just want another album, man.

But I still have all his old school hits, that's a solid 6 or 8 albums depending on where you feel the cutoff of good albums from him is.  So that's a couple of days of solid listening, right?  That's what my ride to school is about to be for the next week at least.



Follow my various social distribution spots, eh?

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


No comments:

Post a Comment