Sunday, August 20, 2017

3 Doors Down - Kryptonite


Band:  3 Doors Down
Song:  Kryptonite
Album:  The Better Life (2000)
Genre:  Rock

As a general rule I think Radio Rock is bad.  However, I have a story attached to this song.

Back when I was a wee lad and not too well informed on such things we were listening to music at a Christian day camp I worked at.  We were trying to pick a song to play as the kids came up to the area where we did skits.  One of the guys suggested we play Kryptonite and he was greeted with a, "We can't do that, that song is about how Superman is better than Jesus!"  Everyone was all "No it's not", but I was too young to know better.

Looking back, it was really freaking obvious that the song is not at all about that.  Like, nothing at all implies that.  I don't know how I didn't pick up that the most sarcastic guy was joking, but I didn't.  I listened to this song like, 5 times, trying to figure out where he talked about Superman being better than Jesus before I realized the joke.  I wasn't the most clever child.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment