Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Týr - Hold The Heathen Hammer High


Band:  Týr
Song:  Hold The Heathen Hammer High
Album:  By The Light Of The Northern Star (2010)
Genre:  Folk Metal, Viking Metal

I mean, I really hope nobody minds this, but I'm gonna be on a bit of a Folk Metal kick for a couple days.

These dudes fall a little more on the Viking Metal side of the spectrum, but they do still count for what I want, so here they are.  A heavy staple of the genre is the high fantasy setting.  Norse mythology is heavily referenced at most all times and there's the central theme of triumphing through battle.

I love it.  Either you have the selection of nifty instruments featured that don't belong in Metal traditionally, or you get Power Metal esque face melting solos like these guys.  Take the time to enjoy them, I think they'll grow on you.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment