Tuesday, May 23, 2017

The Agonist - Thank You, Pain


Band:  The Agonist
Song:  Thank You, Pain
Album:  Lullabies Of The Dormant Mind
Genre:  Melodic Death Metal

Alissa White-Gluz is probably my favorite female Metal vocalist.  She's able to scream with the best of them while also singing as well as anybody.  Seriously, it's highlighted heavily in the first 30 seconds of the song, it's freaking dope.

I blame growing up with around a lot of female vocalists as the reason that I don't generally care for them as a general rule.  There's a lot of good ones out there, but I'm always going to pick the dude over them because I'm just kinda tired of the sound as a general rule.

The Agonist manages to swing having pretty vocals in with the hard edge of their sound though, which I think benefits them greatly.  They have a new singer now as Alissa has moved to Arch Enemy, and while I'm not as big a fan of her I can't deny that she's at least doing well with the material.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment