Friday, May 19, 2017

The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black


Band:  The Rolling Stones
Song:  Paint It, Black
Album:  Aftermath
Genre:  Classic Rock

So I went to watch the new Guardians movie on Tuesday and I have to say, I'm reasonably happy with it.  I have reasons not to enjoy it, but it's not like it's terrible.

But we aren't here to talk about the movie.  If we were I'd be playing some godawful 60s to 80s pop music.

Nah, we're here to talk about the trailer for The Mummy.

Firstly to the people who are mad that Brenden Fraser isn't in the movie.  Shut up.  His acting in it wasn't incredibly good, and there's no argument that Tom Cruise won't be able to handle the movie in a darker way than Fraser ever could.

But here's what I actually want to talk about.  The trailer of a movie is something you will judge most of the movie on, so it makes sense to have it be good, yeah?  I've personally always had a little bit of a issue with licensed music as the soundtrack for movies.  There are some that can pull it off reasonably well, and there's Suicide Squad.

Suicide Squad's second trailer took the movie from being a mildly edgy dark thing to just another joking comic book movie by using Bohemian Rhapsody, but The Mummy took the trailer to a much darker place, and I like it a lot.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment