Sunday, May 28, 2017

Gucci Mane - Both Eyes Closed


Artist:  Gucci Mane, 2 Chainz, Young Dolph
Song:  Both Eyes Closed
Album:  Droptop Wop
Genre:  Rap, Trap
Language:  Strong

The more I listen to Gucci's newer work the more happy I am.  I just purchased "Everybody Looking" the other day cause my car doesn't have an aux cable and I really really love it.  Like, my goodness, his albums are freaking solid.  I don't know what he decided to change while he was in prison, but it's really working for him.

The dude is surprisingly smart.  He managed to dodge murder charges by managing to prove it was self defense, which is something that I don't feel like too many rappers would be able to manage.

I know that a lot of rappers are a lot smarter than most people think they are, but I'm always happy to find that they're smarter than people think they are.  My tattoo artist has a dope story about 2 Chainz doing that exact thing.

But I suppose I should be talking more about Gucci's new album, Droptop Wop right now.  The whole thing is straight up amazing honestly.  The beats are primarily made by Metro Boomin', though there's some featured producers on here as well.

But yeah, I've listened through the whole thing about 2 or 3 times now and I'm incredibly happy with how solid it is.  I've chosen this song as the one we'll listen to today since it has my man 2 Chainz on it.  I do love me some 2 Chainz.

The whole album just flows really well though.  It's got smooth bass lines, but goes hard when it needs to as well.  There's a couple songs that are a little much in my opinion, but I really can't expect less from Gucci.  On that note too, his voice is spot on in this project.  Really though, he's just smooth as silk.

If you have a spare 37 minutes please take the time to check this album out if you're a Rap fan.  It's more than a little good.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment