Monday, February 5, 2018

Mr. Bungle - Slowly Growing Deaf


Band:  Mr. Bungle
Song:  Slowly Growing Deaf
Album:  Mr. Bungle (1991)
Genre:  Avant-Garde Metal

Mike Patton fact to continue the highlight, his vocal range is 6 octaves.  He can also sing, rap, croon, and scream.  Freaking absurd.

Also I'm gonna be real here, I had no clue how weird these guys were.  I thought they were a Frank Zappa esq group and, while they could be called that, they aren't at all what I thought they would be there.  I dunno, I didn't expect experimental Metal stuff, ya feel?

Cool thing to run across though, as they apparently influenced a lot of my favorite acts.  They visually helped out Mushroomhead and Slipknot, and musically helped Korn, Limp Bizkit, and various others I'm familiar with.

Seeing as they played their last song in November of 2000, they weren't exactly on my radar considering my big "let old music be old and appreciate new music" thing I was always on.

Also if you don't feel like hearing somebody take a massive dump, you can skip the end of the song, haha



Follow my various social distribution spots, eh?

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


No comments:

Post a Comment