Saturday, February 24, 2018

Metallica - Ride The Lightning


Band:  Metallica
Song:  Ride The Lightning
Album:  Ride The Lightning (1984)
Genre:  Thrash Metal

I suppose if I'm talking about Thrash icons it would be remiss to talk about one of the Big 4 without at least touching on Metallica.  Heck, I might even hit all 4 while I'm at it.

Metallica is a rather dope group honestly.  I don't always like to give them too much credit because I don't like how crazy mainstream their newer stuff had been sounding.  It's not bad honestly. I just feel like there's a lot of stuff that could be better done, a little less radio taylored.  Can't blame them though, they've got a great thing going.  And concert wise they're still playing all the good stuff, so that's cool.

Also James Hetfield is one of the best rhythm guitarists, for real.  The riffs he plays while keeping up the roll of lead singer is pretty impressive I feel.  Like, the guy manages to keep up playing the more complicated riffs on songs like Master Of Puppets, it's a good time.

Good lord, I left this on draft, I'm an idiot.  Sorry for the late share all.



Follow my various social distribution spots, eh?

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


No comments:

Post a Comment