Friday, February 16, 2018

Jay Rock - King's Dead


Artist:  Jay Rock, Kendrick Lamar, Future, and James Blake
Song:  King's Dead
Album:  Black Panther: Music From And Inspired By
Genre:  Rap, Hip Hop
Language:  Strong

Got to catch opening night Black Panther and I've gotta say, I did enjoy that movie a lot.  It was so refreshing to see a movie on a backdrop that is really underutilized honestly.  I know a lot of people were holding this movie up as a chance to finally highlight that there's black actors with talent that are ignored, and I feel they did great with that.  The whole movie was so full of energy, I just loved it so much.

I feel like there was a better way to say that, but that's ok, it's too late to talk straight.  The performances of the actors and actresses were on point though, all across the board.  The story was pretty solid.  Not being familiar with the Black Panther comics I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was very enjoyable from start to finish.

Soundtracks was bomb too, all the music was a really solid fit, and the album that Kendrick helped put together that this song is from is great too.  Got some of my favorite names on there actually.

No spoilers though, so I won't say anything else.  It's worth watching, so make sure to catch it.



Follow my various social distribution spots, eh?

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


No comments:

Post a Comment