Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Machine Head - Battery


Band:  Machine Head
Genre:  Thrash Metal

When it comes to decent Metal bands you really can't ignore Machine Head.  Lifting themselves from a questionable Nu-Metal past in which they made some...  interesting music.  It wasn't bad and I really like a lot of it, but it objectively isn't as good as what they're putting out now.

On their grammy winning album though, the special edition featured a couple covers.  They were both quite good and didn't sound too much like a departure from their traditional sound, even though both were from very different bands.

1, Hallowed Be Thy Name by Iron Maiden.  I think I posted it a while ago, but I don't feel like looking for it right now.

2, Battery by Metallica.  Both of them sound like songs that were clearly not written by Machine Head, but at the same time they were both taken into the style well enough.  I do miss the open string harmonics that are so prevalent in MH's music, but I can live without them I guess.



<follow me on facebook
Follow Me On Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment