Saturday, February 25, 2017

The Dillinger Escape Plan - Milk Lizard


Band:  The Dillinger Escape Plan
Genre:  Mathcore, Progressive Metal

I remember when my brother showed me this band for the first time, I really hated it.  I wasn't into Grind yet though, and I also wasn't listening to any of their better songs.

They've got a fun chaotic sound that I'm starting to get into more, it's sometimes a mess, but it's surprisingly coordinated at the same time.  I love it, the controlled chaos.  It's one of the things I like a lot about bands of this style.  To pull off something like that you need to have some insanely talented musicians.

This song has trumpets in it, which is straight up fantastic.  It's something that people kinda dropped when Ska stopped being as big a deal.




<follow me on facebook
Follow Me On Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment