Sunday, February 19, 2017

Cover Week: Dropkick Murphys - Fortunate Son


Band:  Dropkick Murphys
Genre:  Celtic Punk
Language:  Strong

As somebody who only passingly listens to Dropkick Murphys I must say their covers are always a blast.  They all basically sound the same, but that's not the important part.  The important part is that they all sound the same as, not only each other, but as a lot of their other songs as well.

I really love the energy that they bring to every song they make.  You can feel the punk sound, the hatred of England, and whatever other really Irish things you can think of.

Interestingly enough these guys are from Boston though, and I can't decide if that hurts their Irish-ness or not.  Maybe I don't really know what I'm talking about in that regard, but who knows.  They've been around since '96, so I'm sure they've earned the right to be whatever they want to be.

Also not to brag or anything, but today marks my 888th post.  Got some sick trips there, pretty proud of that achievement.  Not a single missed day, just some that were a little late from time to time.




<follow me on facebook
Follow Me On Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment