Saturday, February 18, 2017

Cover Week: Newsboys - Jesus Freak


Band:  Newsboys feat. KJ52
Genre:  Christian Rock

I have a lot of negative things to say about this song.

Like, Tate.  Just accept that your solo project didn't work out, don't take over the Newsboys.  And don't cover one of your own songs, that's just hella weird.

I'm not too sure how else to feel about it to be honest.  It's like, 2 childhood artists ran into each other, got stuck together, and all of the sudden they're a new thing that's putting out relevant music again.  Not cool guys, make way for somebody with a better sound.

It's a good cover though, it honestly is.  If it didn't have one of the original members from DC Talk I'd probably be really happy with it.  It's just weird and I'm not comfortable with the change it brings.




<follow me on facebook
Follow Me On Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment