Friday, April 3, 2015

A to Z Challenge: C of for Cowboys



First things first, this is my 200th post!  I am actually kind of annoyed that the A to Z challenge fell right on it, cause it would have been fun to throw some sort of shindig to celebrate.  Ah well, there's always the other hundreds.

Cowboys From Hell is the only Pantera album I've ever listened to.  I've heard select songs off of other albums, but this is the only one I've listened to every track.

Now I'm gonna say this right now, I really don't like Pantera that much.  I'll admit that Dime was an amazing guitarist for what he did, and as much as I don't care for Phil Anselmo I can't deny that he has a pretty good vocal range.  Phil also makes some interesting faces.

Probably my favorite tracks on this album are as follows.

Cowboys From Hell
Primal Concrete Sledge
Psycho Holiday
Heresy
Cemetery Gates
Domination
The Art Of Shredding

Each song holds some sort of appeal to me in one way or another.  Domination sounds almost like a Motörhead song, Psycho Holiday starts with machine gun fire, and Primal Concrete Sledge has a part where they add this random half a measure or so.


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations for your 200th post, Noah! It's a cool milestone achievement. And here's wishing you many more blogging successes.
    Hope you are having a great time reading, writing and networking with co-participants of the A to Z Challenge. Cheers :)
    Co-Host AJ's wHooligan for the A to Z Challenge 2015

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm very excited about how well this has gone, 200 days without missing a post is something I'm more than a little proud of.

      Delete
  2. I love that you post bands you don't necessarily like, simply for the variety of genres. I don't like Pantera, either, so of course this post appeals to me in a bizarre sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, you don't like Pantera? What!? No, my life is a lie!

      Delete
    2. Sorry . . . I thought a public forum was the best way to break the news to you.

      Delete
  3. Yes, congrats on 200! A shindig might be in order for 300. That group sounds like a rowdy bunch, to be sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Indeed, 300 might be more appropriate for a shindig, though at that point we may as well wait another 60 days and do a 1 year party. Thoughts?

      Delete