Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A to Z Challenge: S is for Swan Songs


Hollywood Undead is a band that I reasonably like.  They aren't super fantastic, but they have this sleazy yet heavy thing going on that I find enjoyable.

This is their first album, and it's the only one with their original lead, Deuce.

Deuce got fired for reasons, and the band has since moved on.  Unfortunately, I did really enjoy the sound that he brought to the band, so I miss aspects of him in their later albums.

This album though has some fun songs on it that you should check out.

Undead
Sell Your Soul
Everywhere I Go*
No Other Place**
No. 5*
Bottle And A Gun
California*
Pimpin'

The first album here focuses on LA and Cali.  It's kinda ridiculous in my opinion, but people like it, and it's got some fun stuff.  I've starred my very favorite tracks on the album, so make sure to check them out for sure.  More stars means more better.



Fun word fact for ya.  The phrase "Swan Song" usually means the last act before retirement or something like that.  Here's the Wiki page about it.  The funny thing is that they named their album this and it was the first album.  It was however, Deuce's Swan Song with HU.  Conspiracy?

4 comments:

  1. Never heard of them. That's what happens when you get married and have children. I can sing Let It Go from Frozen backwards I've heard it so many times.

    Stephen Tremp
    A to Z Co-host
    S is for Signs and Symbols

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not, I have managed to avoid seeing Frozen yet. My little sister and my brother have both seen it, but somehow I have dodged that bullet.

      Still though, I have several people sing Let It Go at me on a daily basis, so there's that.

      Delete
  2. Hello there.
    Not really my kind of music...I prefer smooth jazz, spa and classical.
    Thanks for sharing though and enjoy the rest of the challenge.

    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for stopping by. Sorry you didn't enjoy it, I realized that the list was kinda heavily slanted this way after things had already been going, so it was kinda too late to change unfortunately.

      Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

      Delete